Frequently Asked Questions
The Train Ride
Daily departures are 2 hours round trip or for our 6:30 departures, they are 2.5 hours round trip.
Yes – If using a GPS please use the following address:
330 Royal Gorge Blvd
Canon City, CO 81212
Additionally, you will need to turn South at the traffic light at 3rd Street. You will find the Santa Fe Depot and plenty of free parking across the railroad tracks.
Of course, we offer free parking adjacent to the Santa Fe Depot.
- We hope you do! We have dining options available in any class of service, and we serve delicious, locally sourced meals that are cooked on the train. We believe in healthy food options that will help you skip the fast food on your trip to the Royal Gorge.
- We offer full menu options to accommodate any dietary restrictions our passengers might have.
Why would you want to? We are a restaurant on wheels and offer a wide variety of delicious options in every class of service, so we don’t allow outside food or beverages on the train. However, you may bring bottled water on the train.
If you are joining us for Murder Mystery, Gourmet Dinner in the Dome, or Gourmet Dinner, we suggest business casual attire. For daily departures, we strongly suggest closed-toed shoes. If you are a riding with the engineer in the cab, there are special clothing and safety requirements.
Yes. We have several restrooms on the train.
We do run in the rain and snow – in fact riding during such a time can be beautiful. In the event that the train is cancelled by the Royal Gorge Route Railroad due to inclement weather, we offer guests the opportunity to reschedule to a future date (up to a year) at no charge.
For safety reasons, we do not allow carseats, strollers or booster seats on the train. If you have a child who is younger than 3 years old, they must sit on your lap.
There is no smoking anywhere on or near the train.
Only service animals are allowed on the train.
- No outside food or beverages are allowed on board with the exception of bottled water.
- No weapons of any kind may be carried on board.
- For the 2 hour train ride there is no smoking, E-cigarettes, or vapors allowed.
- No Baby strollers, booster seats, or car seats
- All Bags are subject to search at the gate prior to boarding.
- We have a device that will raise anyone on to the train who is unable to climb the exterior stairs.
- We are happy to accommodate wheelchairs in our dinner, lunch, club and coach classes. Wheelchairs must be 24” wide or less and do not fit on our Vista Dome car.
You are not charged a rescheduling fee if you call 24 hours before your departure . If you reschedule within 24 hours of your departure there is a $5 per ticket rescheduling fee for Coach, Club, and Vista Dome. There is a $35 per ticket fee for Gourmet Lunch and a $45 per ticket fee for Gourmet Dinner.
If you choose to cancel and you are booked for Coach, Club or Vista Dome there is a $10 per ticket fee that will be applied provided that you call 24 hours prior to your departure. Cancelling within 24 hours reservations becomes final and no refunds will be given, however we can issue a Gift Certificate for your total payment.
Special Events may not be cancelled, including Santa Express Train, Mother’s Day Brunch, Murder Mystery, New Year’s Eve Train and our Annual Wine Dinners.
Yes, we happily offer Military Discounts. Please obtain your military discount through one of our military partners.
Ft Carson ITR: 719-526-5366 (Must go in person)
Colorado R&R: 719-333-7367
Peterson ITT: 719-556-7160
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express on the train and in the gift shop at the Santa Fe Depot.
Our trip through the Royal Gorge provides great views no matter where you sit on the train, so seating is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, and no guarantees of seating placement are made. Every guest also has unfettered access to the Open Air Car where they can take in the scenery away from their seats.
The Open Air car is available to anyone who purchases a ticket in any class of service. It is a standing room only car.
We are not affiliated with the Royal Gorge Bridge and Park; however you may reach them by calling 888-333-5597.